Christmas Radio Show Specials for 2021. Ticket information.This entry was posted in News on .
Count Arthur Strong will be recording two more Christmas Specials of his radio sitcom very soon.
Count Arthur Strong’s Radio Show! first aired on BBC Radio 4 in 2005 and ran for seven series until 2012 when the former variety star transferred to BBC TV in his eponymous sitcom which was nominated for a BAFTA and was voted 4th best sitcom of the 21st Century in the Radio Times. In 2019 the show was voted 3rd Most Missed TV Show Of The 21st Century in the Radio Times poll (and many thanks to all of you who voted).
In recent years Count Arthur Strong’s Radio Show has continued with seasonal specials, many of which have been broadcast on Christmas Day. Having won the Sony Award for Best Radio comedy in 2009, the series was a record three times voted the Best Radio Sitcom by The British Comedy Guide and named one of the 20 funniest radio comedies of all time in The Telegraph.
This year we are recording two Christmas Specials of Count Arthur Strong’s Radio Show!, one of which will be for broadcast this year. We will be recording these on Sunday 14th November 2021 at The Barnfield Theatre in Exeter. It’s going to be a great night with the Radio Show regulars. We will start at 7:15PM. Tickets are £10 + VAT each (plus a booking and transaction fee) and will be available from 10AM on Thursday 14th October by clicking here or going to https://buytickets.at/komediaentertainmentltd/589064
Please note that you will not be able to get tickets direct from the venue box office or from any other online ticketing site. Last year they sold out in a matter of seconds so don’t leave it too late. Good luck and hope to see you there.
For more information about The Barnfield Theatre please click here or go to https://www.barnfieldtheatre.org.uk/ .
Whilst there are measures to socially distance around the building, as per the current regulations, we will be selling all the seats in the auditorium so you may be sitting next to someone you don’t know.
The venue has sent us the following statement regarding safety:
With the ongoing covid-19 pandemic, the safety of our audiences, staff and visiting companies is extremely important. In line with updated government guidance, the following measures will be in place:
- All staff, audience members and visitors are required to wear a mask whilst inside the Barnfield Theatre building, unless exempt, eating/drinking or performing.
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout the building.
- Refreshments can be purchased from the bar, but seating won’t be available in the bar or foyer areas.
- Whenever possible, social distancing is to be maintained when moving around the building or queueing.
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms or in a household with someone who has a positive COVID-19 test should not come to the Barnfield Theatre.
- Please bring a copy of your booking email, either a print out or on your smart phone.
- Our staff are undertaking extra cleaning duties throughout the day, focussing on touch points.
- Although not a requirement, you will be able to check-in to support NHS test and trace.
Anyone who is feeling unwell should not attend.
You can only order a maximum of four tickets.
The venue will open an hour before the show to allow you time to get a drink in before the show. The recording will start at 7:30pm sharp and we cannot admit latecomers until the interval so we strongly recommend that you are in your seats by 7.15pm